Thursday, October 2, 2008

Heidi





I told you I had a lot of photos, wait until I post for Emily (and I don't post all my photos). Heidi is in the back on the top photo. Everyone seems to be feeling better here, Emily is the only one still stuffed up, her colds always last the longest. Luke is picking on her like crazy, we will see if we can get thru this post without any timeouts. Every year we go to this same farm out west to get pumpkins and they always have different varieties, I posted one picture of some pumpkins I have never seen before. The three older kids had a little too much fun picking gourds (their bags are full). And in the last picture Justin is discussing the apple tree with the kids.

Ok, to my eldest, by one minute. Heidi is really enjoying school, she has no problem getting in line each day. She is a little quieter than Anna, but is so motherly and giving. Heidi is always the first to give up the toy or whatever another kid wants that she has (at least at home she is this way, I will be in their class tomorrow, I can't wait to see how they act with other kids and in a different environment). Heidi is a perfectionist, and gets her feelings hurt very easily. Last week at the park a little girl took Heidi's glasses from her and she was just distraught, she wouldn't tell us what happened because "it hurt her feelings". Heidi often comes out with some funny comments, I haven't been real good about writing things down (I read a good tip once, to email yourself the different comments or funny questions that kids come up with so that you have a journal that is already dated and filed). When Heidi was small (2 or so) I showed her a picture of myself as a baby with my parents. I reiterated that Grandma Heidi was in Heaven with Jesus. Heidi asked if the man in the picture was God; it was my dad. Smart kid.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

oooh, I can't wait to hear all about when you visit their classroom! Give us all the cute details....

Love the pictures! That looks like such a fun day out on the farm.