

Ok last post of the pumpkin picking. Emily is playing peek-a-boo with one of her favorite books in the top picture. And she is trying to share her snack with Melissa's dog in the last picture (she is so stoic in these pictures). Emily is doing ok, still pretty stuffed up, I actually have been very thankful for the tube this week because she is eating and drinking next to nothing. I read in the book that the doctors will probably leave the tube/button in for 6 months or so just to make sure she is gaining weight (I was hoping we would be rid of it by 18 months, but I think Emily will be closer to 2). My stepmom and I are thinking there may be some reflux going on. Emily used to be on Prevacid, but was spitting up more so I took her off of it. Sometimes a kid doesn't show the traditional reflux symptoms. I still haven't heard anything about the new therapist.
Ok, I loved being in the girls' classroom today. Just 45 minutes revived that spirit within me that loves teaching--if only things were simpler (one little boy said I was funny :), not a typical description of me). I led a rotating small group (I think I will be doing the same thing every week). I cannot imagine teaching the class if they had not broken into a morning and afternoon kindergarten--kindergartners are just learning the "manners" of the classroom. It was a lot of fun to meet the rest of the kids and get a feel for the classroom environment. Heidi and Anna are definitely the quieter ones, even when they were in my group they didn't answer questions without some prodding. Anna was upset to move to a different center and even more upset when it was time for me to go. It will be a highlight of my week, and the teacher was very grateful for the help.
No comments:
Post a Comment