Friday, May 2, 2008

We are done with surgeons for a while





This post is a little heavy on pics of Emily, but she was being so darn cute (she loves grabbing Justin's hair).

I am currently hen-pecking the letters in order to write this post, I have no use of my left thumb (actually it is supposed to be elevated above my heart for 3 days--I look pretty dumb walking around with one hand in the air; can anyone say "Are you Sure?") The dr. thinks it was a bone tumor--it should be sent to pathology to be tested. I have to keep it dry for 10 days, but the humdinger is I can't lift anything more than 2 pounds with my hand--too bad Emily isn't walking :). It is amazing how many things you need a thumb for. I am not in too much pain yet, it is still fairly numb.

Emily's appointment with the facial surgeon went very well- best news we have had in a while. He is in no hurry to do surgery, only if she were having breathing issues (if he were to do surgery now they would actually break the jaw bone and stretch it--way too horrible a thing to put a baby through). He said that most kids grow into or out of the recessed chin, less than 50% need surgery in the long run. He can do a much less invasive surgery when she is like 7 or 8. And the spitting up has totally stopped, praise God.
So enjoy another cold weekend and have a good laugh when thinking of me walking around with a constant thumbs-up sign over my head.


1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

haha, thumbs up, Kristina! Emily is looking SO cute.