Tuesday, May 27, 2008

7 years

We "celebrated" our 7th wedding anniversary yesterday. Hard to believe it has already been 7 years. Unfortunately the kids were sick Thursday and Friday (Luke was running a fever and threw up, Heidi and Anna complained of headaches and sore throats) so we decided to lay low this weekend. Hopefully Justin and I will enjoy some alone time in the next weekend or two. Everyone seems to be feeling better, I wish the weather would just stay the same for more than a few days in a row, it feels like it has been so long since summertime was here.

We've been thinking over the last 7 years and how much things have changed, all the ups and downs. I am just really looking forward to see what this next year holds for us, seeing Emily walk and talk and become a toddler, seeing the girls go to school (maybe, we keep changing our minds, they think they are going to school), hopefully a move in the near future. Sometimes it feels like we have spent the last 7 years either pregnant or dealing with an injury or both, so I guess I kinda hope this next year is "calm" and we can just enjoy our family. The amazing thing is to watch and recall how the Lord has always provided for us and our family, we have a warm house, healthy children, work, our health. I just think of all the times that we were on the brink of losing some of those things and God just held us, kinda like we were at the edge of a cliff and He was holding our coat tails to keep us from falling. Providing the Lord doesn't return we plan to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary just like my grandparents, in the year 2061, unbelievable, think of what the gas prices will be then!!

No comments: