Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back to the button

Hey, just a quickie post. Emily's tube was switched out for a button today, she is still fed the same way it is just simpler when not in use, I will post a picture next time. Poor thing, nothing is easy for her, the dr was going to have me do it, but the darn thing was stuck. Apparently there was still a stitch holding the old tube in place. Emily was pretty upset for a few minutes (it was the kind of pain that takes your breath away, she kept gasping). So hopefully everything continues on the right path and nothing backfires. The surgeon was very nice in saying that he will always remember my smile even through all the mess this has been. Emily has also figured out how to crawl forward, though she hasn't found it as a means of transportation, she just kinda stays in a 4x4 foot square. Now I have to be a little more diligent in keeping the older kids' toys cleaned up (ie Polly Pockets and Playmobile). She also likes to stand on her feet with her hands on the ground, she even tried to stand up that way (without holding on to anything); once she really gets going I think we are in for a ride. She is kinda tugging at her ears but they don't seem to bother her too much so I think they are healing. We are still seeing at least one doc a week with different follow-ups and such, that should end in a few weeks.

Just an FYI, I think we are celebrating the girls' birthday on the day, probably a lunchtime thing, I will get the invites out soon, hard to believe we are nearing the end of May already. I will post more in a day or two.

No comments: