


Hooray, we made it--I think the one year birthday is more a sense of accomplishment for the parents than anything. As I looked back thru the posts and my photo albums I couldn't help but feel like much of it was almost surreal. Even all the trouble with her button placement seems so long ago. Emily is a one of a kind kid. I have never had a one year old with so much hair and so few teeth (one that has taken almost a month to come in). And what Emily lacks in size she more than makes up for in personality. She is beautiful inside and out. Emily is happy, easy to make smile, curious. Emily is loud, fast, short on attention. Emily is a quick learner, loves to play with her siblings, wants to be in the thick of it. God has blessed our family with a wonderful little girl that hasn't had the most normal first year, and despite all the tests, doctors, and hospital visits is growing into an absolutely delightful child. And after the good news a few weeks ago I can only dream of what this next year will hold, all the accomplishments to come.
I posted a few pics from Emily's early days, and yes I really was that swollen after she was born. I caught Emily laughing at Luke in the last picture. She is a bit of a drama queen. I have so many thoughts going thru my head on this day, but I have been interrupted so many times during this post that I have forgotten. Bottom line: I can't believe my baby is a year already, in some ways it went too fast and in other ways it seems like eons ago that I held a squiggly little baby with a tiny chin.
No comments:
Post a Comment