Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A day at the zoo










Here are some pictures from the Milwaukee zoo (I say 'some' because I always have more that I don't post). Some of the pictures are a little harder to find the animal: Justin and the kids are looking at a wolf and the three older kids are posing in front of a jaguar. And somehow the picture of Emily in Justin's boots ended up in the middle. The kids took turns not wanting to be in pictures, hence the goofy faces in the pic of the kids and I. The older kids haven't been to a real zoo in two years and Justin has never been to one with us so it was fun. The weather was beautiful and the zoo really wasn't too crowded. This zoo isn't as spread out as Brookfield so we walked by several animals more than once. Most of the animals were up and moving, not just napping. I think all the kids liked the elephants the best. The giraffe came very close to us, sticking his (or her?) head out of the enclosure to eat grass. The snow leopard was right up against the glass which Emily loved. She started laughing and pointing (she has a real loud squeal when she is excited). She also liked the fish. Now we need to buckle down and get ready for kindergarten. The girls go in for their 5 year(kindergarten) check-up/shots on Monday, the secretary said I would be there for several hours!!

No comments: