Monday, August 11, 2008

Good for a laugh




I thought the picture of Luke was good for a laugh or two. For those who can't tell he is straddling the trailer hitch (or ball) on our truck. Boys will be boys. And I let Emily feed herself chocolate pudding. At this point traditional feeding is totally out the window with her. She wants to eat anything hard and crunchy, and not necessarily easily melted (like Fruit Loops). So basically I am experimenting with all sorts of pretzels (her favorite), breadsticks, etc and teaching her to use those things to dip into purees. She is really good at imitating, which helps. She also is very determined to self feed so rather than cut things into tiny pieces I am leaving them in large slices so she can hold them. The main thing is that she learn to enjoy eating, she is more than willing to touch things and try what is offered. Everytime she eats is a little different, I have to keep reminding myself to treat her like any other child and allow her to eat as she wants.

Heidi and Anna had their 5 year checkups this morning, they did really well, two shots in each leg, plus a finger prick. Now they need to go to the eye doctor (it is mandatory for kindergarten). They had a preliminary vision screening and Heidi seemed to have some trouble. We are just spending the week getting ready for Emily's party and cleaning and such.

No comments: