



We made it!! And now that we are on the flip side of it, the first day of kindergarten doesn't seem bad at all. I was just so thrilled for the girls to be in the afternoon, everything just runs more smoothly and I didn't feel like we were rushing out the door
. The picture of Justin and the kids is from our last trip to the ice cream store down the street. And as you can see Heidi got her glasses, hers are also pink, but a different shape than Anna's. She didn't get them until after kindergarten was done. Overall things went well. Anna started crying when we got there, which I kinda expected (she did the same when they went to tap class). The teacher quickly whisked her and Heidi to the front of the line to be line-leaders. Once they were there they didn't look back to see if we were still there. We both teared up when Anna started crying, but recovered quickly. The girls had fun and are excited to go today. They only have 13 kids in their class, which is ideal. Really the biggest hassle is getting everyone to the door and back twice a day (you have to park the car and then walk about a block to the building), I may be calling some local family to come stay home with Luke and Emily if we have a torrential downpour one day. I will get a daily workout anyway. I think this is a good change for all, but I really hope to homeschool still, maybe next year. This is all giving our day a little more structure at least. It is kinda crazy that the girls are making decisions for themselves and learning things without me being right there to explain. They will do just fine, and Luke and Emily and I will do some learning of our own (half of the time the girls are at school is spent feeding Emily, she is having a rough week as far as eating goes).
No comments:
Post a Comment