Monday, July 14, 2008

The weekend





My crazy children--I was on the phone in the other room and came into the family room to find the three older kids watching tv in a box on the couch. Unfortunately all four kids have stuffy noses, so we are having a slow, quiet day. The picture of Emily demonstrates that one is never to young to enjoy some chocolate (brownie batter). Amazingly Emily is suddenly doing much better on purees, there is no consistency to her liking them or not, but I am pleased she is cooperating these days. We see the GI and feeding team on Wednesday, hopefully they will provide some insight into why she isn't always interested in purees and they should schedule another video feeding to see if Emily is still aspirating/penetrating. Based on what she can see from the outside the feeding therapist feels that Emily is ready to move on from using the button (they will still leave it in for several months after she gets the ok to take liquids by mouth). Her button is much less red thankfully. And the picture at the top is from the wedding we went to on Friday (Justin was not happy about getting dressed up twice within two weeks time). I wore the bridesmaid dress from my brother's wedding (I had two because I was sooo pregnant with Emily; I had to order a maternity dress). Justin and I had a nice night to ourselves, it was the first time in two years. It is just nice to get a break from the everyday feeding, dressing, entertaining of children. And of course the kids have fun with my parents; Emily was a little upset, which was to be expected, but she did fine (I think all the kids slept better there then they do at home with us). And other people are finally learning how to feed her, I have been the only one for the most part. We had our festival stuff by our house this weekend, the kids love the fireworks because you can be so close to them (Luke provided sound effects throughout); there is also a parade, which are now more about candy then anything. And in a few short days we leave for vacation, we are looking forward to having Daddy home and just enjoying some peace and quiet with each other.

No comments: