
I know you are all shocked, done having kids!?!? In a perfect world where we had a bigger house, pregnancy only lasted a week and babies were born at 6 months of age we would love to have 2 more at least, but alas... Luke has been my little booger lately, particularly in the sleeping area (he has gained a bit of an attitude also). Last night was one of those moments of frusteration where you understand how children can be abused (not that I would ever touch my children, I do have some control of my anger, despite my hair color). I think most moms could attest to such situations where you have to take the high road and walk away for a minute or get dad or something. Anyway Luke had been sleeping well in his own room, with daily rewards, so one day he wanted something more expensive and I agreed to buy with the condition that he hand over his pacifiers. No problem giving them to me and he only asked for them the second night, but now he will not go to bed in his room or sometimes at all. Most nights he falls asleep in the girls' beds, sometimes in ours, then I move him to his bed and sometime during the night he wakes up and comes back to our bed. Well last night he was an absolute case and was crying so loud while I got ready for bed that he woke up Emily (who was having troubles going to sleep anyway). So by this time it is midnight, Justin is furious as he gets up at 3:30 and I have two upset kids and I am at the end of my rope. Luke finally fell asleep, but I know I will have the same issue tonight. I don't want to give the pacifiers back, but I don't have to time to "keep" him in his room (Emily is usually getting her last meal). And on the topic of the whole timing of our day, our schedule is going to have to change drastically. I got a paper in the mail yesterday that kindergarten is in the morning, 8:25. We generally sleep until 9, the kids don't eat breakfast until at least 10. Then I started to panic about getting four kids out the door two times a day, how to work around naps, etc. After vacation we are going to have some major "remodeling" of our day to do, that should be fun!! Ok well just venting my frusterations, no one tells you these things when you think about having kids. It is a good thing they are just so darn cute (the picture is a pretty common thing at our house, all four playing together).
No comments:
Post a Comment