There are many times I reread parts of our blog and feel like we really only focus on a few things, when really there is so much more to our life. And I realized I had never shared a picture post-haircut. All three girls went short again, and so far there are no regrets.
Ok, so Emily first, we have had a nice break from doctors (since October). We finally see our GI this week, and then will hopefully have an MRI at the end of February. We are hoping to use a particular dye (there is a special word for it that I can't remember) to look at a specific spot in her brain to make sure it is just a nerve and not a tumor. We then follow up with 6-8 drs. in March (depending on when I can get appts.) And still no word from NIH, though according to protocol we don't HAVE to go until July. Justin has learned to give Emily her shot and she very much prefers him to get the job done.
And how about Luke? He hasn't had any tummy troubles since Christmas. We received a positive phone call from the speech therapist saying that Luke has passed all his goals and will be dismissed from speech. Today, when I went in to sign papers with the speech therapist, she could not speak highly enough of both Luke and Heidi, and is eager to help Emily in the fall if necessary (she gave me a few materials to use in the meantime to help with Emily's "k" and "g" sounds). And the therapist actually said that Luke has turned into quite the chatterbox (with his friends). Luke and his friends act out a Wii game during recess; I'm not really sure how that plays out. And the other day he asked me for weights (in hopes of being able to adequately rough-house with Justin).
Heidi and Anna are enjoying making crafts for two of their close friends. All four girls make something (like jewelry or a little stuffed animal) and then exchange at recess. Then they plan another gift exchange for a few weeks later (it is always something homemade and they keep swapping recipients). Anna was excited to learn that she has passed out of reading club (all three kids were in it last year to help catch them up a bit on their reading skills, Heidi did not have to do it this year at all). And oddly enough Anna has had a growth spurt and it a good inch taller than Heidi, if not more (they have always been within a half inch of each other). They each sold 24 boxes of girl scout cookies (I won't tell you how many we bought :) ). All three girls are on a big Lalaloopsy kick, and can play together for hours.
Justin is very busy with inspection work, thankfully his company has offered him the occasional overtime. And I began another 10 week Bible study, about discerning the voice of God. I really enjoy meeting new women and I am always amazed at the ladies that God wants in my life (I have gotten to know several other mothers with children with special needs, a nurse from our children's hospital, and numerous prayer warriors whom I can call on any time). I am giving myself another week before I start to think about packing (it is a little tricky when you don't know how much room you will have at the next place or for how long things have to be packed up for). And I am thoroughly enjoying taking care of Noah, the laughter of a little babe is the best! We have begun working on our Valentine's, nothing store-bought here! And I have to say I am so thankful for very healthy kids this winter. We really are blessed and just as we enjoy giving our kids gifts, so does God. We are His children and the Bible tells us that He will bless us more than we have room for, our cup will overflow, and we are so thankful for that love.
No comments:
Post a Comment