We had a fun Lego party this past Sunday, thanks to all who joined us. Luke went to the range with Justin the day before to shoot his birthday present so he was a little sore and was holding his neck funny all day (he has been very quiet the last few days in general). You can see from the pictures my attempts at a Lego cake and Lego head cakepops. I can never get the right colors with food coloring and I struggle with the chocolate for the cakepops, so if anyone has advice in those areas, please feel free to share! The first picture is from a day off of school, and yes, the kids are playing school. They get all their desks arranged, add a few students (usually Mickey and Minnie), and Heidi and Anna make worksheets for everyone.
And speaking of school, they are already half way thru the year! Everyone did well on their report cards. Luke says that school is hard, specifically math, but he is understanding addition and subtraction just fine. Both Heidi and Anna's teachers warned that the third quarter is the hardest for third grade. The girls are adjusting well to the more difficult work and higher expectations. They are already memorizing multiplication facts and will finish with division by the end of the year. And I informed them that the state now makes it mandatory for the first and last days of school to be full days instead of half days. Anna was very excited about that change. She is currently reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and Heidi is plowing thru the Boxcar Children series. And Emily continues to love her time at home with Noah and I. She always talks about being a mom. After administering her shot I told her she should be a nurse when she grows up and helps give shots to other kids. She replied that "no, I just want to be a mom".
And we continue to thank you for all your prayers. I know several of our readers have passed along our prayer request for housing to their small groups. The kids would be devastated if we had to move away from their school, so our prayers are that God would provide a house/apartment that is cheaper (in our area that is difficult to find) or that God would provide Justin with a higher paying job. We know that God is bigger than money and that He can and will move in amazing ways (just as He already has in so many ways), and if He wants us to move elsewhere He will provide all things necessary to do so. Our Bible study was on Acts last semester and one of the leaders pointed out this verse, "From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, thought he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being..." (17:26-28, emphasis is mine). February is looking to be a fairly quiet month, but March will be pretty crazy, especially as we plan to move over spring break. Ok, very long post today!
2 comments:
I have no personal experience with this, but I have read many food blogs where bakers say that gel food colorings are the way to go for vibrant color. Apparently the colors end up much brighter than with the liquid food colorings. I've never tried them though!
Cute photos! You all look very happy.
Thanks Mary Anne, I did have a baker friend agree that the Wilton gel colors work the best. Thankfully I have a few months before the next birthday, and then I can practice!
Post a Comment