Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Number One Dr.




Emily saw the GI today and got some good news! Her liver is back to normal size and her liver enzymes were at normal levels. He suspects that the increased dose of leptin is working to heal the liver correctly. I was very happy to hear this and I am hoping we have figured out the balance between weight and food and medicine to keep her liver in healthy shape. He said we don't have to follow up with him for a year if nothing comes up in the meantime. And he is ordering a liver MRI, just because she will already be under anesthesia, but he suspects everything will come back looking great. So hooray for medicine that works. Justin always tells Emily that God must think Emily is stronger than Justin, and that is why she gets the shots instead of Justin. Well, I am off to Bible study, just wanted to share that great report!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

This is the BEST news I've heard in a LONG time. Hooray!! We rejoice that the leptin is working.