Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving message

Thanksgiving is always my favorite time of the year. There is just a feeling of warmth, love, family, and of course, good food. It is a time to remember how good God is. One of the ladies in my Bible study was asked how she was, and her response was, "blessed". I really like that answer. We are much better than ok, or fine, or hanging in there. We are blessed. God is good, no matter what. 1 Chronicles 16:34 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Beside my bed is a plaque with that verse, as a reminder to praise God when I wake up and when I go to sleep. Life is not perfect, it never will be here on earth, but God is worthy of glory, far more than I/we could ever give. So here is a just the beginning of a list of things we are thankful for this year.




  • God's provision, always, though especially for ample housing, and a busy job



  • 4 beautiful, healthy, children, who enjoy one another's company; who are helpful and just a joy. They are the light of our lives (I know, very cliche, but they are).



  • Justin and I are thankful for each other, we couldn't make it thru all the bumps without the other to lean on



  • family, both near and far, who love us unconditionally and who are always ready to reach out a helping hand



  • our church and the fabulous people who care for our family, and support us in prayer



  • insurance that pays for all medical visits, and Emily's supplies



  • doctors (and a therapist) who have invested time and compassion in Emily



  • medicine



  • a wonderful school; teachers who also enjoy our children; good friends for the kids


Here are a few things the kids said on their thankful feathers, that go in our thankful turkey:





  • pets (Emily), Luke is thankful for animals, for shooting (he is very into archery right now)



  • forgiveness and love (Heidi)



  • family (Emily and Anna)



  • food (Anna, Heidi, and Luke)



  • God (Anna and Luke)


We may be "poor" by the world's standards, but we are rich in blessings, and I hope we can always recognize the gifts of God's grace, and daily thank God for all He has done.

No comments: