This is our 300th post!! And how can it be November already? The kids had a fun Halloween. I always feel bad for the teachers when Halloween is at the beginning of the week. If you can't tell, Heidi is an angel, Anna is a cheerleader, Luke is Mario (he was Luigi two years ago), and Emily is Minnie Mouse. It was a busy day, but the kids enjoyed their school parade and parties, then some trick-or-treating, and finally a Halloween party at our house.
Things continue to be fairly routine around here. The older kids are loving school. Heidi and Anna are finding third grade to be a little harder, with more tests and less recess. Their favorite things are library and art, but they are really enjoying girl scouts and their friends. Luke is very comfortable in first grade. His stomach has not bothered him at all (knock on wood). He also had several wart-like tags on his forehead that the doctor said would go away on their own (they had been there for over a year), that randomly went away in the last few weeks. I think they were due to stress. And Emily is doing well. She has dropped some weight again, but is drinking more yogurt and eating larger quantities of graham crackers (she has figured out that if she comes to tell me she is hungry after I put her to bed, she can stay up a little longer, just to eat a graham cracker). We follow up with the GI this month and next month is the geneticist, and then back to NIH in early 2012.
Yesterday I received a notice from the foundation that pays our rent that the last payment was sent to our landlord. We are forever grateful for this past year, and the huge gift of God's grace to our family. We hope that someday we can repay the foundation or help out another family in a similar situation. It has been several weeks since we talked with the landlord, so we don't know if she forgot about our request to lower the rent or what happened. We are keeping our eyes out for other possible rentals and praying for wisdom as to a job for me or something different for Justin (he is very busy, which is great, but he is always making calls to see if an elevator job is available). We know there are so many people that are continuing to pray for our family and we thank you for your part. God is always building our faith in Him, we know His plan is to prosper us. I just hope I get a good months warning before I have to pack again!
No comments:
Post a Comment