Thursday, September 10, 2009
Whirlwind days #2 and 3
We really have been on the go! Luke had his first real day at preschool yesterday. It was a good thing I hugged him in the parking lot beforehand because he was gone once we got in the building (I will post a pic tomorrow). He had a fun time and is looking forward to tomorrow (he goes Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday). And I love that preschool sends home all sorts of paperwork about what they are learning that week, including the songs, books, and crafts. We also had the girls' curriculum night last night and I was generally pleased with the teacher. I think she has her stuff together and will get the job done, I just think she lacks some of the compassion and sweet personality most of us think of with first grade teachers. Today I was pleased to hear from the GI (I like when the dr. calls himself, I feel like he is really invested in my kid's health). Emily's insulin was in fact high. He is doing another blood test, where they are testing a specific genetic sequence that causes something called lipodystrophy. Lipodystrophy is the loss of fat tissue or the inability to store fat correctly in certain parts of the body, specifically the face and limbs. This will involve a geneticist, who we can't get in to see until the end of December. I am so happy we might finally be on the right path, but now insurance becomes an issue. Our state insurance is good as long as we live in this state, but we plan to move by December 1st. There may be some kind of extension available until another state's insurance kicks in, but I also have to check and make sure the geneticist will take state insurance. We are on a waiting list in case there is a cancellation. The turn-around time for the test is 40 days. We know that God has this whole thing, all the stuff with Emily, our house, finances, a job for Justin perfectly timed, we need to trust Him. The regular pediatrician also recommended we go ahead and check in with an endocrinologist and get a second opinion from another ENT, both of which I will probably do before our regular insurance is gone. This has been a very long week, and we are looking forward to a restful weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment