Wow, I am just now getting to sit down, I have literally been on my feet since 7 am (except for the car rides to go everywhere). It was a good day though. Emily saw the GI this morning, and I am liking him more each time. Everything is still coming back negative, it really is just fat in the liver, and it sounds like we are ready to move on from that. He went ahead and put her on an appetite stimulant and is decreasing the amount of pediasure to see if we can get some progress in eating. As he was examining her we kept commenting on how odd it is that she is well nourished and still at an optimal weight but her body is so out of proportion, like the weight got stuck in her belly. Her limbs are probably the skinniest we have seen in a long time. So we are going in for yet another blood test tomorrow to see if her insulin is really high (his gut instinct says it is, and he was right about the liver not storing fat correctly). He thinks she is insulin resistant, that she has free-floating sugar in her body that the cells in her limbs are starving for, while the gut is hogging all the nutrition. If her insulin is indeed high then we need to see an endocrinologist (we walked away feeling like we might finally be on the right path, so I am almost praying for high insulin :) ). Overall I am really happy with all that news, nothing with the liver is life-long, and we are moving forward, finally, hopefully to a diagnosis (it might be juvenile diabetes 1).
Ok, then on to Luke's orientation: it went really well, he is super excited to go back tomorrow for the real thing. I don't think he will have any trouble separating from me (he didn't today so...). He ended up in the pre-k class with about 17 other kids, and 2 other Luke's. And I was excited to find that I actually knew a few moms.
And to top everything off we had another showing (the realtor kept saying that we have had so many showings, so I think she is at least happy with that). Let's hope for a good night sleep for all!
2 comments:
Great news! I hope you guys continue to get answers!
That is definitely great news! Whatever it is, sounds manageable and not horrible. Praise God.
I just saw an article about making healthy school lunches for picky eaters, and I was going to send it to you but then thought it was kind of dumb because it only had one suggestion! But the suggestion was pretty good: if they're not eating their sandwiches, try making yummy, healthy muffins that not only have whole grains in them but also fruit (blueberries, etc.). And of course, they're sweet so kids like them! I thought that was a pretty good idea.
Post a Comment