Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What is going on?



Well it has been a discouraging day for me. I still had not heard any results for the latest round of blood tests so I called the GI nurse whom I always hear from. For whatever reason she is no longer in the office, which left me with no contact to the doctor (he goes between several hospitals and has several different nurses). I finally heard from a nurse telling me when the doctor wanted us to come see him, but when I called to schedule the lady said it was not possible. So I had to get a hold of a different nurse who set up the appointment for us. Then I had to wait for yet another nurse to return my call with the test results. So far everything has come back negative or within normal ranges. There is still one test pending. All we know is that the liver is enlarged and the liver enzymes are continuing to elevate. Clearly there is something going on, but there is no solid evidence as to what. So we see the GI at a liver clinic at the hospital in the city on Tuesday. Lord willing we will walk away with some information.
Justin has not talked to the superintendent of this next possible company (Justin has already called him twice). And our realtor is still pushing to reduce the price of the house, but we are still hesitant. I am not sure I have much more patience for everything going on. The summer is going too fast and yet I can't wait for the next day or week to hear results or have a diagnosis.

No comments: