We took a very brief trip to Kentucky this long weekend. Justin's good friend, Matt, signed up for the army and will be gone for 6 months, plus it was his 30th birthday, so we went down to celebrate and hang out with him and his family. We absolutely love going down there, actually I should rephrase, we love being in Kentucky, the drive down is kinda yucky (should be like 6 1/2 hours, but with bathroom breaks and feeding kids it was closer to 7 1/2--the kids did pretty well, they slept and watched tv most of the way). We left early Saturday morning and came home early Monday morning, so it was a really short weekend. We just had a really fun time hanging out together. I included the first picture because we love the wide open land out there, lots of room to play. The kids and Justin rode Matt's 22 month old son's four wheeler. Luke had to be tricked to get on it, he does not like loud noises, but Heidi and Anna hopped on that thing so fast. That is Anna in the pink shirt, her personality is so much like Justin's sometimes. One time SpongeBob came on tv (a show that we don't watch) and I heard the girls discussing it. Heidi said that they needed to turn the tv off and Anna said they could leave the tv on until I said to turn it off--she likes to try the edge and see what she can get away with. Heidi is much more like me, a perfectionist, who likes to create things (she likes to make things out of paper, ie a cup, hat, telescope, etc.) Luke has been chatting it up lately, telling all sorts of stories. He still get his pronouns all goofed up. And Emily is getting more teeth. She also has some scar tissue growing at the opening of her button, so we see the surgeon tomorrow to have that removed. I think both of these things are causing her to not be real interested in eating that last few days. I get so frustrated though. I am really enjoying our routine, the days go so fast. And I just saw the weather, it is supposed to be 64 on Thursday (today is well into the 90's)--I am not ready for fall just yet.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
A trip down south
We took a very brief trip to Kentucky this long weekend. Justin's good friend, Matt, signed up for the army and will be gone for 6 months, plus it was his 30th birthday, so we went down to celebrate and hang out with him and his family. We absolutely love going down there, actually I should rephrase, we love being in Kentucky, the drive down is kinda yucky (should be like 6 1/2 hours, but with bathroom breaks and feeding kids it was closer to 7 1/2--the kids did pretty well, they slept and watched tv most of the way). We left early Saturday morning and came home early Monday morning, so it was a really short weekend. We just had a really fun time hanging out together. I included the first picture because we love the wide open land out there, lots of room to play. The kids and Justin rode Matt's 22 month old son's four wheeler. Luke had to be tricked to get on it, he does not like loud noises, but Heidi and Anna hopped on that thing so fast. That is Anna in the pink shirt, her personality is so much like Justin's sometimes. One time SpongeBob came on tv (a show that we don't watch) and I heard the girls discussing it. Heidi said that they needed to turn the tv off and Anna said they could leave the tv on until I said to turn it off--she likes to try the edge and see what she can get away with. Heidi is much more like me, a perfectionist, who likes to create things (she likes to make things out of paper, ie a cup, hat, telescope, etc.) Luke has been chatting it up lately, telling all sorts of stories. He still get his pronouns all goofed up. And Emily is getting more teeth. She also has some scar tissue growing at the opening of her button, so we see the surgeon tomorrow to have that removed. I think both of these things are causing her to not be real interested in eating that last few days. I get so frustrated though. I am really enjoying our routine, the days go so fast. And I just saw the weather, it is supposed to be 64 on Thursday (today is well into the 90's)--I am not ready for fall just yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment