Sunday, April 13, 2008

A long week




Well we have made it almost a whole week without seeing or talking to the surgeon--whoo hoo; actually we have a follow up appt tomorrow to change dressings and check things out (part of her stomach is a little red so hopefully everything checks out ok, I am afraid to look at her stomach everyday). Emily seems to be feeling a little better, more pain this past week than before. I woke up Thursday am with the stomach flu so all 4 kids went to Justin's parents until Friday. Emily had a hard time because she hasn't been away from me before. She has been spitting up a little more so I don't know if maybe she got a little of the stomach bug too. So far everyone else is ok, hopefully we got them out of the house quickly enough. I am feeling a little better, though Emily has not been sleeping well so I am ready for a nap (I got a break from the kids and spent half the time in the bathroom, go figure). Oh yes and we signed the girls up for kindergarten last week. I really and truly want to homeschool them and maybe still will at some point, but I am afraid that we will get behind with all the other stuff going on. I will be one of the moms crying when they leave for school. I will probably sign Luke up for preschool too (through the public school system, the school is actually really close to our house). Honestly I feel like that makes me a lazy mom, and who knows that may all change if we move or something.

We have been so grateful for all your prayers. It is amazing to think of how many people have been praying for our family (so many of you have Emily on your church prayer list too). It is a good thing God doesn't get tired of hearing from us.

Enjoy a few pics, I am trying to do stuff with the girls' hair more. Luke is dressed up as Dash from the Incredibles if you can't tell. And I caught Emily waving (she waves at people on the tv now too). She is not crawling yet, I don't know that she ever will, she has not had tummy time in so long, she sure loves to stand though. We are thrilled for some warmer weather coming this week, time to get the yard cleaned up!!

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Oh my gosh, I need to respond to your statement, "I honestly feel like a lazy mom."

Are you crazy, Kristina?!?!?!?! :)

Even if the twins go off to kindergarten you will STILL have two kids at home under the age of 5!!! That equals NOT LAZY!!!!

Plus, I think there's a case to be made that having some hours of your day free to get things done around the house and have a bit of time for yourself might just help you to be an even better mom than you already are. :)

Being a mom is a 24-hour a day job, unpaid, so you NEED some downtime if you're going to stay sane and be good at it!

I love your blog, by the way, and really hope things are on the up and up with Emily. I've been praying for her.

Love,
Mary Anne