Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It was a quickie

Well poor Emily has had surgery for the second time in 2 weeks, and she is doing well. We were in and out of the hospital very quickly. The surgeon washed out the hole, repaired all the layers and reinserted the button (a very easy process that I will eventually learn how to do as they have to be replaced every 4-6 months); he didn't actually have to re-cut a hole. He thinks that this was a wound infection (very rare with the stomach because acid kills that stuff), and the swelling caused by the infection caused the balloon to push up on the already disintegrating stitches. Emily is sleeping comfortably now and I actually have a few minutes to make phone calls and such (Justin has the older kids looking for a new car). Hopefully (and I have said this one too many times lately) this is it and she will heal properly and we can move on.

No comments: