Thursday, March 20, 2008

Praise God!!

Yea, the worst is over!! Emily's surgery went well, there were no complications. They did have to use a smaller breathing tube, but everything went just fine. She slept most of yesterday, then perked up to her usual self early evening. She really doesn't seem to be in too much pain, but we have kept up on pain meds. She is spitting up a little more today, but I am sure everything is a little tender. The cool thing is that I can open the button and let any air out that is in her tummy. We did end up spending the night at the hospital, just for observation. The older kids spent the day with Melissa and Grandma R. and then Justin took them to a movie and they slept downstairs (it is like a big slumber party to them), so I think they had fun. They were all interested in seeing the hole in Emily's tummy when we got home (I will post a picture later--for those who want to see what it looks like). Hopefully we can all get some sleep tonight and enjoy this weekend.

No comments: