Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter pics









Ok, I am still trying to get these pictures on here the way I want to and it is not working, but oh well. We hope everyone had a nice Easter. At our house Easter is almost becoming as much work as Christmas (filling and hiding Easter eggs in particular). I find it hard to explain to the kids what exactly Easter is about, I do have a good book to help, but the concept of death and rising from the dead are very abstract ideas. We had a good weekend though, hard to believe we had enough snow just two days before to make a large snowman (he was a few feet taller, but was leaning too far to make it--Justin is an over achiever). Emily is doing well, we are working on taking longer naps during the day, keeping the older kids quiet can be hard. Grandma R changed the dressing for us yesterday (I didn't want to get woozy in the middle of it), everything looks good, hard to believe how fast kids heal. I am a little nervous about the button coming out, but everyone says just put it back in (it should only come out if Emily pulls it out). You can see in the one pic of Emily kinda what the button looks like, obviously there is gauze and whatnot there now, it really is about the size of a dime. And you can see in the pic of Emily standing up that she holds her weight in her tummy, she still has skinny little legs (she was 17lb on Friday), but she sure loves to stand (she gets little to no tummy time right now, so who knows if she will ever crawl). We are just happy she is healthy and happy.
I am still trying to figure out what to do about kindergarten (sign up is in just a few weeks). Most people (including Justin) think I should send the girls to school. I really want to homeschool, but am afraid of getting behind. We have been doing a library class lately and my kids are so quiet and non-distruptive that they could almost blend into the walls. I want them to have lots of social experiences and come out of the closet, so to speak, but I am afraid they will be overlooked in a classroom (obviously the louder, disruptive kids get the attention, and in our town the kids with language issues also need special attention).
I am hoping things will quiet down a little here, just a few follow up appts and therapy. I heard we are supposed to get more snow the end of this week-yucky! The kids are so ready to get outside.

No comments: