Friday, March 9, 2012

A plan

Well, I have nothing to share with you yet. We have to be out in 3 weeks and have no idea where all these boxes will go or where we will sleep. Our back up plan was to squeeze into a two bedroom apartment in our area, but no apartments will allow 6 people into a two bedroom. I haven't found an affordable three bedroom apartment anywhere nearby yet. I thought I had a good lead on a house we were supposed to look at today, but they already received another application. So we are facing a lot of closed doors. On Tuesday I was really frustrated, and just not sure why God hasn't answered our prayers. Obviously part of our request really is a want (to stay in this area so the kids don't have to change schools), but I feel like the part where we need a roof over our heads is a need, therefore God should answer us. Once again my Bible study really spoke to me, to our concerns, so once again I will share. Priscilla Shirer says, "God's plan is often uncovered while you are in the desert seasons of your life." This is His way of getting our attention. We need to take our eyes off of our "season" and put our eyes on God, to watch for His activity in our life. "The Holy Spirit reveals God's plan to me as He orchestrates the circumstances of my life." This is where I think the "closed doors" are important, before we rush into our own plan, God changes the circumstances. "Never think your circumstances are disconnected from God's leading and His will. Don't spend time wishing you could get out of the season of life you are in; rather spend your time looking fervently for God's hand in your situation." And here is really what we need to hear, "The purposes of God not only include specific plans, but also very specific timing. He orchestrates both events in your life and their timing. When He speaks it will be in His perfect timing to accomplish His agenda...I am learning that God will use the appropriate means to reveal His will in His timing. When it is time for us to know, we will. Much of the heartache and frustration I have encountered in discerning God's voice came because I wanted it before God was ready to give it." And finally, a word of encouragement, "God wants us to see the wondrous things He will accomplish in us. Don't be fearful about the hard road He may ask you to take. Be encouraged and excited about seeing His divine, supernatural activity in and thru you." My fellow Bible study ladies added their own encouragement, and most importantly, their prayers. So, we will keep listening and looking for God to show us where we are supposed to live.
And a few other things: Emily has her fourth MRI on Monday. This time they are looking at the abdomen (mostly the liver, but they can also see the spleen and kidneys), the fluid in her spine, and her brain. They are using contrast to look at a specific spot in her brain that they think is a large vein (they want to be 100% sure it is not a tumor). I am fairly nervous, the MRI itself is pretty easy, but I am not sure how the contrast will affect Emily, and of course I am mostly concerned with the results. Most tests we do on Emily show something new, and that is not always good. Otherwise we are busy packing. And I now carry two cell phones, one for a painting company I am now working for. So far I just answer the phone, but I will be starting some mailing for them as well. I don't put in a whole lot of hours, but I really think it is a gift from God as it is something I can do from home. Luke had another stomach episode last weekend and the girls are just about done with their ISATs, which they are actually enjoying (I think the teachers make it up to be this great challenge, that really has a sense of accomplishment with it). Ok, off to send some emails on new paint customers, and a baby is stirring!

No comments: