Saturday, October 2, 2010

Plan B

We are in countdown mode here, only 6 days left before Disney World!! This past week was a busy one. Justin started the testing that has to be done for the train job (this is our plan B, not the ideal job by any means, but better than nothing). He doesn't yet know if he passed them. Assuming he passed, he can then start the training in November that will last 3 weeks and include more tests. He must pass the tests with an 85% or better to continue on to the job. To our disappointment Justin did not yet hear from the elevator company in the south, but the job listing is still posted so maybe there is hope. Justin has been very aggressive about calling companies and contacts, but secretaries no longer let you talk to anyone, you just have to wait for them to call you. I went to the surgeon today, and I have to say that I miss our good insurance (it allowed me to choose the doctor and hospital). Surgery is scheduled for October 20th, and barring any complication, will be a simple lapriscopic procedure. I have been feeling much better this past week, so if I can just chose what I eat wisely while on vacation I think I should manage ok (afterall I have managed feeling crummy for quite some time). Emily goes for her preschool evaluation next week, Justin takes another test for his elevator inspector license, and we have lots of packing to do! Enjoy the chilly weekend!

No comments: