Friday, October 22, 2010

So finished with surgeries!























Ok so first of all, isn't she the cutest 3 year old with glasses! We had a hard time finding a good pair, but we managed, and actually ordered two of the same pair just in case; and they are blue if you can't tell :). So I am hoping I am finished having surgeries for ever and ever, or at least for a very long time. Surgery actually went very well, thank you all for your faithful prayers. I was very pleased with the surgeon, the hospital and the nurses. The surgeon said I had major stones in there, at one incision she had to use a special tool to get some large ones out, though she did not have to make a larger incision. I did almost pass out during the IV, but thankfully the anesthesiologist was there and acted quickly to get my heart rate back up. He even did an EKG to make sure I was ok (the results were normal). They hurried us out of the hospital within a few hours (due to insurance I am sure) and I really felt pretty well. The most painful part is the leftover air (they pumped air into me during surgery to see things clearly and they try to squeeze most of it out). I am fairly distended and that is putting pressure on the incisions and a nerve that runs up to my shoulders. I didn't sleep well, but Justin has been very helpful so I have been able to rest on the couch most of the day (I am up trying to get the air to move around and I was eager to share Emily's picture with you all). And I forgot to share the other part of Emily's news: she gets to go to a phonology class (it is a speech class that will help with her intelligibility)! We are calling it preschool, for her sake. I am very happy with the decision as it is only 2 days a week, for 2 1/2 hours, the class size is small and they are doing many of the same activities as a normal preschool (they don't play on playground equipment though, so I don't have to worry about her physical safety as much). She starts this coming Tuesday, and yes I will get a whopping 1 1/2 hours to myself between dropping her off, dropping Luke off and picking everyone up again! Well, enjoy the weekend, I can't believe we are nearing the end of October already!

No comments: