For about 2 hours today all four of our children were in school at the same time (at two different schools though)! Emily happily went to class and was very crabby afterwards (I think she was overwhelmed and tired). I think she had a good day; she is very proud to have homework, just like the big kids. Justin and I actually went to Heidi, Anna and Luke's school to go bowling with their gym classes, so not much of a break for us.
I am feeling better every day, the incisions are tender, but I am resuming regular activities (Justin thinks I am milking it though :) ). I return to the surgeon tomorrow for a check-up, but I think things are healing nicely (I will just have a story of scars on my abdomen, between 3 c-sections and this surgery).
Justin made the decision to work at the heavy machine company instead of the train company, though nothing is in stone yet. He just left a message for the HR lady and has not worked out the actual details with anyone. From what he was told last week, he will have 3 weeks of training on the different shifts, but will ultimately work as a welder in the 3rd shift. It was a difficult decision as neither job was the ideal job, and both had their down points. He felt that if he were able to get back into elevators at some point the extra welding experience would be beneficial. He starts next Monday. Emily has two doctors' appointments next week and we have Halloween parties and parades in the meantime.
No comments:
Post a Comment