Friday, September 24, 2010

Life is just crazy

I am sorry about the lack of pictures, in a few weeks the blog with be flooded with pictures from Disney World! I just wanted to share a few updates. Justin was not chosen for a job at the second train company, and he never heard from the welding company, so he also assumes that it is a dead end. On the other hand, Justin received a email from the first train company offering him a conditional job. He must first pass a medical exam and a physical test (along with a background check). The training session does not begin until November, so it will most likely be December before he starts with them. It is good news, though he will be travelling quite a bit and the money is not even half of what he was making on elevators. Honestly, we are still praying that God will open the doors at the elevator company in the south (I know there are many who don't want us to move away, but the only way we can afford to live on our own again is by working at the hiring paying job). Just for those math people, unemployment pays only 30% of what Justin used to make and the possible elevator job pays close to 80%. So we will see what happens in the next few days as he completes these tests and as he waits for phone calls.

I got some "good" news today. I have had uncomfortable bloating for a long time, that has progressively gotten worse. I just assumed it was due to all the stress in our lives. I found out today that I have numerous gallstones. My gallbladder is enlarged and there is a thickening of the wall of the gallbladder, which means this has been going on for a while. I have an appointment with a surgeon next Saturday. I am happy to know why I haven't been feeling well, but I have been particularly uncomfortable lately (which is why I finally went to the doctor and she ordered an ultrasound). I am nervous about our trip to Disney. There is a risk that a gallstone could travel into the ducts and cause a problem, which is not something I want to happen at Disney (this can happen by eating fatty or greasy foods). I could potentially go to the ER when the pain is bad and have emergency surgery before our trip, with the risk that the doctor would not let me travel so quickly post-surgery. Really the bottom line is that I would like to feel well for our once in a lifetime opportunity! Everyday is something new!

No comments: