Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Prayer
Romans 12:12 says, "Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful." I joined a women's Bible study at our church and we are studying prayer. I have already been so encouraged by it and love the constant reminders that God does indeed hear our prayers. Thru over 15 months of unemployment we have certainly struggled with hope. We have faith, and trust that God will provide for us and will ultimately give Justin work and a place of our own, but the answers to our prayers have been "no" or "wait". Today I had an awesome experience; Justin found a job online in the southern part of our state that is right up his ally, so he applied for it. As I began preparing for my Bible study I felt I needed to pray urgently for this particular position. Within 5 minutes I heard Justin's phone ring and it was the company he had just applied for an hour before. The representative that he spoke with has to talk with a few people, but is very interested in having Justin come interview. Ok then, let me backtrack for a second: Justin also interviewed for a welding job this week in the next town over, but is waiting to hear from them, hopefully tomorrow or Friday. The welding job is nearby, but pays the same as unemployment pays. This elevator job on the other hand pays much closer to what Justin was making before. Any job is better than nothing, but at some point we need to move out and make a home of our own again. So we are asking that you would join us in prayer for these job opportunities. God has a plan for our family and we are so hopeful that He will answer our prayers soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment