Saturday, March 28, 2009

Roller coaster ride





The pictures are from crazy hair day at school--it was spirit week this week. Heidi had a bunch of braids and Anna's looked great with ponytails all over, but she got upset about how I did it so it all came out except for 2 (that's why there is no picture of her face :) ).
When we were kids my dad listened to a band called 4Him. He used to crank up the volume on a song called "Roller coaster ride"; it was about how life is like a roller coaster ride. The last few days have had lots of ups and downs, more emotional than anything. I sat down and looked at the money situation and figured we can pay our mortgage for another two months and from there it will be a struggle. Money goes way too fast. I was overwhelmed at Emily's therapy this week, she did much better with Luke there, but there are so many things to remember to do, to watch for. I was heavy-hearted thinking about all the complications. Then I made a list of what needs to be done to get our house on the market, first on the list is getting cleaned up and cleaned out. I wanted to start in the garage where we stored all the stuff we packed up last time we thought we were moving. We have a lot of stuff. Most of what is in the garage the kids have outgrown, and some of it they hardly played with. We are so tired of not having enough space, the kids have a hard time playing with toys because there just isn't room. And Luke actually had to pee in the bathtub because the toilet was occupied and he was about to have an accident. Now Emily hasn't been sleeping well, which means neither have I.
Then yesterday was a much nicer day, I was in the girls' classroom, which I always enjoy. I had a nice visit with the family we homeschooled with. Justin's sister came over and entertained the kids for a while. We need the rays of sunshine to peak thru the clouds every once in a while.
Back to our plans. We are hoping to head to Kentucky for several days if Justin is still off (the girls have 11 days off of school). We will look at some houses and check out the job situation. Justin has checked into several options here, nothing is hiring, or they pay even less than unemployment. Yes, I can get a job, Justin could get two jobs, and we will do those things to keep from losing the house, but long term it doesn't make sense. Life isn't about working every minute possible, and it isn't about money. We don't want to spend all our time away from the kids and stressing about how to keep a house that we don't fit in anyway. We need to do what is best for our family. We want to move, we want more space, both inside and out, and that just isn't going to happen here. As far as Emily goes, there is a hospital in southern IN that has a similar feeding program to what is at our hospital has and Kentucky offers an Early Intervention program. Kentucky also has an insurance program that all kids qualify for, my biggest concern is having Emily's supplies covered/provided. We are praying that as we visit Kentucky God will show us His plan, either close a door or open a door, or a window, something.

No comments: