Monday, November 3, 2008

Leaves














































Oh my goodness if only we knew how to freeze time, today was just perfect. The weather was a nice 74 degrees, beautiful sunny sky, and the fall colors were just awesome. I wish there were a way to keep fall colors permanently, maybe in the house, I just wanted to take pictures all day. The weather report calls for snow showers by Saturday.
Heidi and Anna came home today talking all about tomorrow's election. They repeatedly asked if I was going to vote and who for. They must have read some kind of pamphlet about the candidates because they remembered part of the names (one had white hair and one had black hair--very interesting, and wonderful, that they don't notice skin color). They recalled the candidates favorite foods, favorite children's book, and things that they like to do in their free time. And the girls made sure I knew that you have to be 18 to vote.
Not too long ago I had a dream that Emily started repeating everything I was saying, and lo and behold she has started to. Small phrases and words like "all done", "Anna", etc. She absolutely loves pumpkins and can get some of the sounds out in the word pumpkin. I can't wait for Christmas, she is going all the lights and decorations.
Justin thinks he is being laid off tomorrow, so we will see, we don't know what unemployment pays or what happens with insurance. Obviously he will try to find another elevator company to hire him, but everyone is slow right now. We will see what God has planned for us.

No comments: