Wow, these pictures are totally backwards, but you probably don't care. I will just start from the bottom and go up. Luke wanted a workbench like daddy's in his room to work on Legos (bottom pic). So first we celebrated Justin's 32nd birthday, but because it was during the week and everyone had school and work we let him be "King for the day" on the day before. He enjoyed a trip to Bass Pro Shops and some 5 Guys and Fries. Anna and Heidi keep teasing him that everyday he is getting older. Then Emily and I had a busy week making sure all our loose ends (groceries, labwork, etc.) were wrapped up so we could be ready to hang out with Noah. I did receive a phone message (I hate when I miss phone calls from nurses/drs.) that assured me that Emily's numbers are looking better, though I didn't get any specifics (they were mainly checking triglycerides, but also cholesterol). And then we had our first week taking care of Noah (Joel and Erin, let me know if you don't want me to post pics ;) ). He is a super sweet (and smiley) baby and Emily is loving every minute (except for diaper changes--she runs out of the room for those). Heidi, Anna, and Luke aim for the smiles at any chance possible. Tomorrow all the kids are here, so we will get a taste of what it would be like to have 5 kiddos! Ok, then back-up to Saturday, for Luke's 7th birthday! We headed to Legoland and enjoyed several hours of everything Lego (movies, guided builds, a ride, and all their cool displays). We finished up the day with a dessert from a friends' blog; brownies made from scratch, topped with our eggless cookie dough, and melted chocolate chips. It was super rich, but delicious. Today, we are enjoying a quiet day of playing and haircuts. And then to prepare for a Lego party! (and for those wondering, no news from NIH or on moving)
Monday, January 16, 2012
Already two weeks into 2012
Wow, these pictures are totally backwards, but you probably don't care. I will just start from the bottom and go up. Luke wanted a workbench like daddy's in his room to work on Legos (bottom pic). So first we celebrated Justin's 32nd birthday, but because it was during the week and everyone had school and work we let him be "King for the day" on the day before. He enjoyed a trip to Bass Pro Shops and some 5 Guys and Fries. Anna and Heidi keep teasing him that everyday he is getting older. Then Emily and I had a busy week making sure all our loose ends (groceries, labwork, etc.) were wrapped up so we could be ready to hang out with Noah. I did receive a phone message (I hate when I miss phone calls from nurses/drs.) that assured me that Emily's numbers are looking better, though I didn't get any specifics (they were mainly checking triglycerides, but also cholesterol). And then we had our first week taking care of Noah (Joel and Erin, let me know if you don't want me to post pics ;) ). He is a super sweet (and smiley) baby and Emily is loving every minute (except for diaper changes--she runs out of the room for those). Heidi, Anna, and Luke aim for the smiles at any chance possible. Tomorrow all the kids are here, so we will get a taste of what it would be like to have 5 kiddos! Ok, then back-up to Saturday, for Luke's 7th birthday! We headed to Legoland and enjoyed several hours of everything Lego (movies, guided builds, a ride, and all their cool displays). We finished up the day with a dessert from a friends' blog; brownies made from scratch, topped with our eggless cookie dough, and melted chocolate chips. It was super rich, but delicious. Today, we are enjoying a quiet day of playing and haircuts. And then to prepare for a Lego party! (and for those wondering, no news from NIH or on moving)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment