I must say, time is just cruising by. Heidi, Luke and Anna are on their third week of school already! Labor Day weekend flew by with a trip to Kentucky. And now we are getting into the groove of school and homework. Yesterday was Emily's first day of school. She was anxious about going at first (I am sure it is fueled by being home with me ALL the time), but she actually had a really good day and is looking forward to returning tomorrow. At this point her schedule is the same as last year, just two days a week for 2 1/2 hours. She is due for a yearly review in October, so things could possibly change, though I doubt it. She did have a cardiology appointment yesterday, during which she had both an EKG and an echo cardiogram. Both looked good, though the doctor ordered another echo cardiogram that looks specifically at the arteries in her neck, and wants us to check in with another doctor in the city that specializes in children with high triglycerides. I spoke with the oncologist today, and she was also pleased with the MRI results, which showed some of the lymph nodes have actually decreased in size, and there are no abnormal lymph nodes in her abdomen or chest. She wants more lab work done as the size of the red blood cells has increased, and she wants to make sure that Emily's body is not making abnormal cells. There are several of Emily's possible concerns that are caused by certain nutritional deficiencies (this thing with the blood cells and something with the heart that showed up on the EKG). I just think it is interesting, as she should be getting total nutrition thru her tube. And Emily will continue with occupational therapy once a week.
Last Thursday was curriculum night for Heidi, Anna and Luke. It was the first time meeting each of the girls' teachers, and I have to say that I really like all their teachers. Luke's is much more compassionate, Anna's is very detail-oriented and involved, and Heidi's is young and fresh. The girls are doing great being in separate classes, though it is going to have me on my toes, keeping homework and tests separate. Third grade is going to be quite the change, much more "reading to learn", whereas Luke is still "learning to read". I am just very happy with the whole school situation, and keep praying that God will provide a way for us to stay there/here.
I think that is about all the news here, I have to say we are a little sad to say good-bye to summer and the warm temperatures. I love the pretty colors of fall, but Justin and I are both very apprehensive about our housing situation, and fall means we are nearing the end of our gift. We know that God will provide the ram, as He did for Abraham when he was ready to sacrifice Isaac, though being patient and realistic are a bit difficult. Philippians 4:6 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
No comments:
Post a Comment