Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Beautiful weather!


























































































































































































































Wow, we are just loving this weather, personally I like it hot, Justin and the kids think otherwise. And of course before you know it, the weather will be back to sixties, this is just a tease. We have taken advantage of such nice weather, both on Mother's Day and yesterday (I will share those pictures in a few days). We went to our local "farm", where we often celebrate together. The kids love to feed the sheep, pet the horses, smell the cows, and really just run around! My favorite thing to do, and really the one thing I ask to do for Mother's Day, is taking pictures. The kids are getting more ornary about smiling, but we were able to get some nice ones.




I always enjoy reading your comments on the blog, so thank you for sharing! Our pastor is doing a series on "One Month to Live", so it fit well into my last post. How would our lives look if we knew the end was near, and why aren't we living that way now? Well, Luke did the vomiting thing again last Friday, despite the Prevacid, so I am taking him to our GI in June to see what is going on. I spoke with Emily's kidney doctor last week, who spent over an hour on a conference call with our NIH doctors (I finally don't have to be the middle person, passing along info). They are all on the same page, and want to do a few more x-rays (it has been a little over a year) and some specialized blood work to look for certain bone markers. There have been cases with a laminopothy (the gene mutation on the LMNA gene) where there is high bone turnover, ie. bones losing calcium. I am glad they want to stay on top of this whole thing! We are busy with two therapies a week for Emily (Luke is getting speech help at school besides), plenty of doctor appointments, a garage sale, and our upcoming anniversary. We are already 5 months into our housing gift, and only 20 days until summer break!

No comments: