
It is a happy day indeed. Ironically, the weather is much the same as it was 10 years ago. We have been told many times thru the years that rain on your wedding day brings good luck. We certainly know that marriage takes a lot more than luck, but we surely are blessed with each other and our kids. As I looked thru pictures today, I couldn't believe how young we were, just barely adults. All we knew is that we wanted to be together (we dated almost 4 years before we got married). And together we have made it thru thick and thin. We have many good memories, filled with children, family, holidays, vacations, and toys (ie. motorcycles, 4-wheelers). We have also had our share of injuries, unemployment, financial hardship, and a child with special needs. I think those struggles, the need to lean on God and on one another has strengthened our marriage tremendously. Ecclesiastes 4:12 says "A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." And the good times just makes everything worth it, the cherry on top of the sundae, the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like we are beating the odds, changing the statistics. What I know is that not only do I want to look back 50+ years from now and say, "hey we ran the race, and are still married", but what I really want to say is that every day, every year got better, and that we had a great marriage. I want my kids to look at our relationship as an example for themselves; we are afterall the foundation of our family. My friend wrote a song about having "a love story for the ages". For better or worse will continue to come and go, and I want Justin by my side thru it all. We are looking forward to celebrating with a quiet weekend away!
2 comments:
Beautiful post. Happy anniversary guys!!
Thanks! Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment