I am so ready to start seeing some green things outside and to wear less layers! This was a long week and I am glad it is Friday. The kids are finally starting to feel better, though Heidi still comes home from school and crashes on the couch for the evening. Emily has not gained weight in a while so now that she is feeling better they want me to up her feedings by another few ounces, which could be tricky (I feel like she is at her max anyway). Luke is excitedly waiting for the arrival of the baby chicks in his kindergarten classroom. He can tell you all about eggs and how chicks grow. And I am enjoying being back in the swing of things, running around getting everyone here and there. The best feature of our rental house is that we have a huge laundry room where I have a craft table permanently set up. Right now it is covered with pictures, papers, and stickers while I put together our Disney album.
Justin has learned a lot in his first week as an elevator inspector. His advice: take the stairs (actually that would mean you are putting people like him out of work, but...)! Elevators can be very dangerous and just because they have been inspected doesn't necessarily mean they are working properly. He starts working on his own next week, so he can really set up his own schedule and do inspections the way he sees fit. The difficult issue is that inspections pay diddly-squat, so inspectors are rushing thru them to get 10-12 done a day. We are in a good position right now for Justin to get some experience in inspections without worrying about the money aspect (it pays less than unemployment, so he can collect a certain percentage of unemployment while still working). And he is still involved in his trade, so hopefully he will have an inside when regular work comes available. Overall he is enjoying it, it is a very prestigious job with a lot of responsibility, but it is right up his alley (being the safety conscience person that he is). We are all looking forward to a restful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment