Thursday, August 26, 2010

A good beginning





































These pictures are all backwards again, you would think after having this blog for several years that I would have learned how to get them in the right order. Oh well, Heidi and Anna actually went to school first, they had a half day on Tuesday. Anna cried a little, which I expected, but went in without a problem. They like their teacher and are quickly making friends (they make separate friends, but are still close to each other on the playground). We do stick out like a sore thumb, being new and having twins, but the mothers have been very kind and helpful. And my aunt used to teach at the school so many staff members have come up to us and introduced themselves. Luke went for his first day yesterday, and did really well. He was not at all excited, but we bribed him quite a bit to not cry. He cried for about 30 seconds, but again went in without a problem. And he really enjoyed himself, and is happy to go today. I enjoy being back in the routine of having places to be, Emily and I get a little one on one time, and I get to walk back and forth to school again.
On the job front, Justin has been doing some side work at the neighbors. He has a hiring session on Monday at a train company he applied for. He already passed the reading test, but from what he has read the hiring session could be tough. He has always been interested in working with trains, and so far this seems to be the most promising lead.
I have yet to hear anything from the kidney doctor, maybe that is good news? I did talk to the oncologist again while we were there last Friday and from her research Emily is at higher risk to get tumors or masses in her muscles or on her bones. The risk is not so much for leukemia or lymphoma. The risk does increase in the adolescent years. The frustrating thing for me is there is no good information on the internet, as this is such a rare disease and most doctors have no knowledge or experience with patients with Atypical Werner's Syndrome. Emily goes to the pediatrician today and I think (knock on wood) that she is done with doctors for a month or two. And I think we are at about 43 days until Disney!!

No comments: