Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st Day


The first thing Heidi said to me after school was, "I think I am going to take a nap when I get home". It was a long, rainy day, but they did really well. There were no tears shed (I almost broke down) and we were able to walk in with them and find the classroom/desks/teacher together. It turns out that they did get the teacher I was hearing less than thrilling things about, for some reason they still have her listed under her maiden name, even though she was married all of last year too. The girls have lots of their friends from last year in their class, they have real desks this time, they have PE everyday, and we are gonna miss them! Oh yes, and Anna is sporting her new glasses, Heidi's are coming in a few days, we took advantage of our good insurance while we still have it!

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

adorable glasses!! they didnt have any that cute when i needed them as a little kid.

so did they pick out those outfits themselves?? do they get excited about that or not?

how exciting. big 1st graders!

Amanda said...

such big girls!!!!! :)

Kristina said...

I know, they are so big, and yet still so little :). They helped pick out the outfits, usually I pick out the bottoms and they choose the top, or I at least give some guidance as to what matches and what is appropriate for the weather. Heidi is really particular about what she wears, so we have to pick out clothes the night before and no changing minds in the morning. And the glasses took us a long time to pick out. Anna wanted the darkest frame she could find and Justin wanted them to get some that were less obvious, so we kinda met in the middle. Heidi's are going to be purple, poor girl has a bad/strong astigmatism and has to get special lenses, so they always take longer.

Reunion Admin said...

Such big girls! They look so grown up!