Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Worry

Well the feeding clinic was not quite as productive as I had hoped, or maybe it was, just not the way I would like it to have been. The GI found the Emily's liver is enlarged. She has always had a large tummy, but the growth of the liver is more obvious with this recent weight gain (she was at 26 lb 5 oz at the drs today). The GI did not give me too much information, he wants the results back from some blood work first. His initial thought is that there is a storage disease, that the liver maybe storing fat or storing incorrectly. It sounded like it could be the underlying issue to the whole weight/appetite issue. It would also explain the increase in spit up, if the area is already under pressure from the liver getting bigger there may not been more room for pediasure in the stomach. So her diet continues as is until we get more results. I don't like not having the information, or knowing what the implications all are. Is there medicine to help? Does she need a liver transplant? I hope to hear from the GI in a few days, I will post more when I have the info.

No comments: