Friday, December 19, 2008

Disappointment

Well as I begin this post the snow is just starting, it is coming down fast and heavy, but we will see if we get the predicted 6-9-12" promised (the tale always gets larger as the reports go on). Unfortunately, the school district called tonight and pronounced tomorrow a snow day. Normally I am thrilled, especially after hauling the kids back and forth to school this past week in some frigid temps, but at the beginning of the year I was "asked" to be a room mom. And as no one else really stepped up to take the reins I planned Heidi and Anna's Christmas party, which was supposed to be on Friday. And anyone who knows me knows that I love to plan parties and do so with flair. I have been told on many occasions how much I take after my mother in that area. So needless to say I have quite a few crafts and games ready to go, that you will be seeing or playing if you see my family in the next week or so.

We made two trips to the pediatricians this week. Heidi has had the same cough Luke and I have had, but it suddenly became worse and very dry so I took her in. Turns out she was wheezing, so they gave her an albuterol treatment in the office and sent her home with an inhaler. For once I was smart to bring her in. Luke took the second trip, after falling flat on his face and slicing open the inside of his bottom lip. It was looking pretty gross this morning, there was some extra tissue pushing out, kinda like when you bite the inside of your cheek and get a bump. The dr. said it looks ok, just keep an eye out for infection. Both Heidi and Luke should be rechecked in a week and Emily is due for her second flu shot, so we will have an afternoon at the office!! And see I had just written an email to my aunt about how peaceful things were here for once. Ahh, but just for a moment.

No comments: