Wednesday, February 20, 2008
The feeding clinic
I am going to keep this brief as everyone is sleeping and I think I have a long night ahead of me (Emily came down with another nasty cold and is very restless). So we saw the feeding clinic today (it is a group of therapists and the GI doctor from our children's hospital). They are going to go ahead and put in a g-tube, which will later become a g-button. I am a little uneasy with the tube, putting something more permanent into the body, but I am glad to have the tape/tube off of her face. We will go see another rehab doctor who will hopefully answer the questions of why and what lies ahead (as far as how long this will last, future plans, etc.), but that could take several months. In the meantime we will have lots of therapy. The main thing is that she is growing, she just needs some help doing it. The poor girl has been so crabby the last few days, I hope to see my smiling baby soon. Just wanted to keep you all updated. Keep warm and healthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment