 |
| This 5 year old is missing 2 teeth already! |
 |
| That tongue has a big gap to go in |
Yes, our "baby" has lost her first two teeth! She has had three very wiggly ones, and she and Luke were in a race to see who could lose them first. Luke won, by several weeks, mainly because he eats harder foods that make the teeth wiggle all the more. Emily's first one actually came out at 10:30 at night when she bumped her hand against her mouth in bed. And in typical Emily fashion, it was a meltdown. I think she was both tired and it hurt, but she cried sadly," I knew this was going to happen", and "I miss my baby tooth". She certainly perked up after the tooth fairy paid her a visit, and after showing off the gap to her school friends. So that was Thursday night, and by Friday morning the tooth next to it was so loose and all alone, and it easily twisted free, and voila, another tooth fairy visit. The last wiggly tooth is very quickly being pushed forward but the incoming adult tooth, so I expect her to lose that one within a week or two (which would be good, she kinda has a Nanny McPhee look going right now). I did ask NIH about their other patient's teeth issues, as we are worried about the crowding. NIH wasn't much help in the matter, just that dentists have been able to work "magic", without major reconstruction. I was hoping the adult teeth would take their time coming in, so that Emily's jaw could grow a little, but I can already see the white poking thru the gum. And Emily has been asked by several classmates to "be friends", so she is just thrilled (apparently you have to ask or be asked, it is not just assumed at this age :) ).
Well I will post again later this week, our annual Thanksgiving praises.
No comments:
Post a Comment