Thursday, June 7, 2012
Summer break
Yesterday was officially the last day of school for Heidi, Anna and Luke. They are now ready for 4th and 2nd grade! Their report cards were great, so many improvements this year. Heidi has strong multiplication skills, and enjoyed science and social studies the most. Anna excelled in writing, and also enjoyed social studies. Luke did a great job in spelling all year, and really increased in his reading skills. Heidi and Anna were awarded perfect attendance certificates in front of the whole school. Luke was only 4 seconds short of getting an award for his mile run time. I think they were most sad to leave their teachers, and I know they are hoping to see friends this summer. I was upset about not knowing if they will return to the same school in the fall. I was able to visit their classrooms several times in the last few days as they had different presentations, and I was reminded of what a great school it is and how important it is to us to for them to stay there. We still have a lot of questions to answer about our housing stuff, but we know God is intervening on our behalf. We are off to a slow start on summer break, nothing really planned until our church's theater production. I know the whole summer will go fast, and I do really enjoy the slower pace and the time to just hang out together. Justin's job continues to go well, he is working hard, but enjoying "being back". Enjoy the pictures, I always take some on the first and last days of school, to see just how much they have grown!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment