Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Always moving

Ahhh, we made it, again. Moving must be like swimming an ocean (not that I would ever do that), it is just an endless task and when it's done you are just exhausted. We handed over the keys last night, something that I honestly didn't think we were going to have to do. I really felt like God was going to provide a way for us to stay there long term. Obviously, that was not God's will for our family. Do you ever have that, a feeling that you are so sure of, only to find it is your own thinking/imagination? Justin and I have both received several reminders of how God is doing something new, something good for us. In fact, one of our neighbors had Justin over last night until the wee hours talking about the ways God moves (she also came over and generously gave us money to cover some of the moving expenses). And our other neighbor is planning to treat us to lunch and a trip to our local flower park as it warms up. We were not only blessed with a large, free house, but also with caring neighbors. They have continually expressed how much they will miss watching Justin play with the kids in the yard.
We are really tired of moving now, this was the third time in less than 3 years, so we are really trying to find something we can afford for a longer time. In an ideal world we still would like to stay in the same area for the kids' school, but maybe living with my parents buys us the time for the kids to finish the school year and then move to another town. We will just have to be diligent about watching for God's plan and open to different options.
We want to thank all of you for your help this weekend (I know several people who helped don't read our blog, but we thank all of you anyway). Thank you Erin and Jan for helping finish packing up the clothes, for running our things to my parent's, and for unloading the truck. Thank you Joel, Jim, Rob and my dad for packing the truck and unloading the truck into the storage locker (I know, we have a lot of stuff and it isn't light work). And thank you Kim for helping me clean. Thank you Shelley for taking the kids, and giving them something fun to do to take their minds off of the stress. Thank you Peggy and Jan for taking our things, especially Denali and Justin's garage stuff. And thank you Dad and Shelley for letting us invade your house, with us and all our things. I hope I didn't forget anyone! Everyone has been so generous with their time and space, and we are so appreciative. And most importantly, thank you all for your prayers. We will keep you updated as soon as we know anything new. Happy Easter a little early!

No comments: