The girls couldn't decide on a theme for their 8th birthday, so we went with everything that is their favorite, from Squinkies and Monster High dolls to Tangled and Tinkerbell (it was a little easier that way as their interests vary quite a bit from one another). We ate all their favorite foods, like hot dogs, watermelon, chips, and of course, cupcakes (each had their favorite flavor). The kids all enjoyed a squirt gun fight afterward. Poor Justin didn't get to celebrate much of a Father's Day, as I had him vacuum and help with clean-up. He even went out and bought me a bike that day (Heidi and Anna are doing well riding on two wheels, and someone gave us a Burley to go behind my bike to carry Emily, so we are almost ready for a family bike ride; Justin will use his two-wheeler with a motor :) ). He is just the best father and the kids climb all over him the second he comes home, ready to play.
I always love the feeling, the first week after school lets out, that the whole summer is ahead, and now June is almost over already! I still have more pictures to add from the girls' actual birthday, which I will do another day. Happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment