Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Content




























































































We had a great day celebrating Anna and Heidi's 8th birthday yesterday. I have lots of pictures to share, which I will do it in spurts (the kids and I had a picnic where I made them take lots of photos). We got them "new" bikes, as Anna just learned to ride without training wheels, and Heidi is about ready to do the same (Luke is working on it too). And we enjoyed a yummy dinner out and finished the day with a "volcano", a tower of brownie and ice cream, with a sparkler on top.


As I lay in bed last night, my stomach bursting at the seams, I couldn't help but think that for once, I want time to stand still. I am really content with life, more than happy with how things are right now. Life certainly isn't perfect, Emily still has oodles of health issues, Justin is less than thrilled with his job, and our finances are far from ideal. However, I LOVE the ages that the kids are at now; they are helpful, and gaining their independence, but they still want to cuddle. I LOVE the time I have been able to spend with Justin lately (3 date nights in 3 weeks, thanks to all our babysitters/family). I LOVE our house and school, where there is room for us and the kids are making good friends. I just love the routine of our lives right now; it can be hectic, but that is ok. As I look back thru the years it seems that we are always waiting for something, a baby, a house, a job, healing, etc., but right now we are in a time of peace, and I don't want it to change. My heart was overwhelmed with gratitude to God for all His good blessings. I think God wants us to enjoy the life He has given us, and to praise Him in the midst of the good, and the bad. Psalm 100:4-5 says, "Enter his gates with thanksgiving, go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and bless his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation."

No comments: