



We have been quite busy the last few days, so I will share our latest news. First off, Justin is very busy with work, as many inspections have to be completed by the end of the month. It is nice to know there is plenty of work for the time being. Then, for those who didn't hear thru the grapevine, my step-mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about two weeks ago and underwent a mastectomy on Good Friday. Heidi, Anna, and I visited her in the hospital and were pleased to find her doing remarkable well (she was even able to join us for Easter). My parents received great news that the lymph nodes and surrounding tissue are clear. She will begin chemo in just a few weeks, to lessen the chances of recurrence. Saturday was a time of remembering one of Justin's "uncles" who passed away rather suddenly (the third death in his family in a month). Our Easter was very enjoyable, celebrated with amazing worship at church, plenty of food, and several egg hunts with family. The kids had to wait until about 7pm to see what the Easter bunny brought them, because we were hopping from party to party (Emily loves Sonic the Hedgehog, so she received his hair in her basket--see photo). All four kids woke up about 3 am the night before Easter to "catch" the bunny, so they were plenty tired by the end of the day. Today was Emily's physical therapy evaluation. We will be starting weekly sessions to help improve her flexibility, at the same place she has OT. Then, Luke's teacher caught me at the end of the day to ask if we could speak to the speech teacher tomorrow. Lot's of things going on!
And I am so thankful that our state insurance card finally came in the mail (they wouldn't forward it when we moved). I can check in with my doctor, and Emily is due for the ear doctor, dentist, and GI. At this point I am totally confused as to what is bothering my stomach. After two months of no gluten, I reintroduced it, only to have numerous nausea spells. I think the nausea may be from eating bananas, but I am not quite sure why they would be bothering me all of a sudden, as I have eaten them for years. I will try to avoid gluten, but I do have to cheat sometimes :). Oh yes, and Emily is still hoping for a twin sister. She told Heidi that if she keeps talking to God about it He will give her one. I can't wait to see how God answers that one! Well, I have a huge mound of laundry to fold, so off I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment