Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back into the swing of things

So we had a nice 5 day weekend. The kids really enjoy being lazy, playing Barbies or the Wii for much of the day. We also watched plenty of movies, and made some yummy snacks. Speaking of food, I am finally, after hemming and hawing for several months, going to try going gluten-free! When I saw a GI last year I tested negative to Celiac disease, but I suspect I have a sensitivity to wheat and the related grains. I still have considerable bloating, despite having my gallbladder removed, so I figure it is worth a try. This may be a little tricky (and certainly more expensive) as my family has always called me a "bread head". I am actually really enjoying vegetables (I have always enjoyed fruits and veggies, and have increased my intake, trying to help my digestion; I am just eating a greater variety) and trying some new treats, like polenta. I do miss my bagels though! So don't be offended if I seem a little more picky when eating at your house.

We head to the city again on Tuesday, though one appointment was cancelled. We will see the kidney specialist later in the month after some more tests have been done. I did speak with her on the phone, however, and she corrected me, saying that there is still calcium in the blood, not the urine. She says it is there as a side effect of the medicine, that the calcium must go somewhere (she is not overly concerned). So again I am in the middle, trying to interpret all the medical lingo and opinions. We are, of course, interested in seeing what the neurosurgeon has to say. Other than that small adventure we are working on making Valentine's. And one last week in my twenties, yikes!

No comments: