Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Simple, right?

Just a few brief updates for you: we saw the oncologist yesterday. It was a very quick appointment, as I didn't have any new concerns and neither did she (the spinal MRI showed some of the lymph nodes, so that killed two birds with one stone). She did some bloodwork and I haven't heard any results so I am assuming everything is ok (she is checking for signs of lymphoma). We were in and out and on our way home before our appointment time (we got there early and were seen early, nice huh!). As we were leaving the doctor said, "Let us be the easy appointment", and I say "amen" to that! We head to NIH tomorrow, though to my disgust, they are expecting a snowstorm just about the time we should be arriving (late afternoon). I really dread the whole travel thing, all the airport hassle, making it to the right shuttles, etc. The actual time at NIH should be short and sweet. Emily has some bloodwork again, an ultrasound of the liver, and an appointment with several doctors. If all goes as planned we should be home late Thursday night. Then I am looking forward to a quieter weekend.

No comments: